This flat base, black handle #1 5 Star Pro features a handle variation on our ‘classic handle’. It features our latest hand tamper technology, with a more cylindrical, stem-like handle shape, and was designed with the arc of the thumb in mind – providing a comfortable place to grip.
Like all our 5 Star Pro’s, the levelling plate keeps your tamping level by sitting on the top of the filter basket as you press down on ground coffee. The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by a pre-calibrated spring inside the tamper itself.
Here’s what our customers are saying about our products:
"My 5 Star Pro arrived within 2 days of the order. unfortunately I ordered the incorrect thickness.. Nonetheless after a phone call and a quick trip down to 'the factory' Elie amazed me with his customer service! He machined up a new plate with the correct thickness and fine tuned the overall clearances, all done while I waited on the spot!! Now that is old school service at its finest. I highly recommend Elie and the 'Eazytamp' to anybody wanting to make perfect espresso!"
"What a fantastic product! Fast shipment...I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived Friday afternoon. You can feel the quality in this product. Seriously, if you considering getting an Eazytamp, you need to do it!"
This 5 Star Pro comes fully assembled, and features:
- The black handle #1 – suitable for all hand sizes; designed with the arc of the thumb in mind
- A flat compression base (default size is 7.5mm thick)
- A star-shaped levelling plate
- A calibrated spring (15kg standard spring)
- A levelling plate spring (to ensure the plate returns to its starting position)
Each tamper also comes with:
- A cleaning bag
- An additional 10kg spring (coloured red) and 7kg spring (coloured blue)
- A coffee dosing cup (holds 22g of coffee)
FAQ, shipping and returns
- Free shipping Australia only. Shipping costs are calculated at the checkout step.
- Please ensure you measure your basket. Customers bear responsibility for correct choice of base size and thickness.
- Our base size of 58mm is a 58.5mm because most baskets are machined to fit this size. In other words, a base size of 58.5mm will fit most if not all 58mm baskets.
- If you are using a single filter basket, we recommend purchase of a 5mm thick base.
- If you’re using VST, IMS or other competition filter baskets and require deeper compression inside this type of baskets, i.e. more than 16.5mm, you need to select a thicker base – 7.5mm is the default thickness. If you’re not sure what base size you should order, please check the measurement page.
- For more information about how this tamper works, visit our 5 Star Pro FAQ page