This flat base, swiss handle 5 Star Pro is our 2nd best-selling hand tamper after the ‘classic handle’ design. This handle design is suited to medium to large sized hands, given its height. The round, bell shape fits well in the palm of the hand.
It features our latest hand tamper technology, and like all our 5 Star Pro’s, the levelling plate keeps your tamping level by sitting on the top of the filter basket as you press down on ground coffee. The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by a pre-calibrated spring inside the tamper itself.
This 5 Star Pro comes fully assembled, and features:
- The Swiss handle – suitable for medium to large sized hands; the round, bell shape fits well in the palm of the hand
- A flat compression base (default size is 7.5mm thick)
- A star-shaped levelling plate
- A calibrated spring (15kg standard spring)
- A levelling plate spring (to ensure the plate returns to its starting position)
Each tamper also comes with:
- A cleaning bag
- An additional 10kg spring (coloured red) and 7kg spring (coloured blue)
- A coffee dosing cup (holds 22g of coffee)
FAQ, shipping and returns
- Free shipping Australia only. Shipping costs are calculated at the checkout step.
- Please ensure you measure your basket. Customers bear responsibility for correct choice of base size and thickness.
- Our base size of 58mm is a 58.5mm because most baskets are machined to fit this size. In other words, a base size of 58.5mm will fit most 58mm baskets, if not all.
- If you are using a single filter basket, we recommend purchase of a 5mm thick base.
- If you’re using VST, IMS or other competition filter baskets and require deeper compression inside this type of baskets, i.e. more than 16.5mm, you need to select a thicker base – 7.5mm is the default thickness. If you’re not sure what base size you should order, please check the measurement page.
- For more information about how this tamper works, visit our 5 Star Pro FAQ page