This flat base, classic handle 5 Star Pro is by far, our best-selling hand tamper. Like all our 5 Star Pro’s, the levelling plate keeps your tamping level by sitting on the top of the filter basket as you press down on ground coffee. The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by a pre-calibrated spring inside the tamper itself.
Imagine feeling like a world champion barista when you taste the extraction – you’ll feel a new level of control when you see that delicious crema time and again.
Here’s what our customers are saying about our products:
"My Eazytamp 5 Star Pro - Black / 58.4mm* arrived at the beginning of the week. I am most impressed with its precision: both its fitment into VST baskets, and the cleverness of the leveling and tamp pressures. I had used a Reg Barber 58mm tamp for years, but this will become my preferred tamper due to its precision; one less espresso-making variable to go wrong. Bravo."
"Service from Australia was as good as my very best suppliers right here in the U.S. Thank you! "
This 5 Star Pro comes fully assembled, and features:
- The classic handle design – suitable for all hand sizes
- A flat compression base (default size is 7.5mm thick)
- A star-shaped levelling plate
- A calibrated spring (15kg standard spring)
- A levelling plate spring (to ensure the plate returns to its starting position)
Each tamper also comes with:
- A cleaning bag
- An additional 10kg spring (coloured red) and 7kg spring (coloured blue)
- A coffee dosing cup (holds 22g of coffee)
FAQ, shipping and returns
- Free shipping Australia only. Shipping costs are calculated at the checkout step.
- Please ensure you measure your basket. Customers bear responsibility for correct choice of base size and thickness.
- Our base size of 58mm is a 58.5mm because most baskets are machined to fit this size. In other words, a base size of 58.5mm will fit most 58mm baskets, if not all.
- If you are using a single filter basket or use a filter basket <51mm in diameter, we recommend purchase of a 5mm thick base. Otherwise 7.5mm is the default thickness. If you’re not sure what base size you should order, please check the measurement page.
- We can machine custom base diameter sizes to suit. If you can't see your required size in the drop-down list to choose from, please select the closest size from this list and then record your preferred size in the notes section upon checkout of the store.
- For more information about how this tamper works, visit our 5 Star Pro FAQ page