This flat base, resin handle 5 Star Pro is a piece of art.
The resin handle has been hand-made and involved a 5 Stage process, each taking between 6-8 hours to complete over the course of a month. The handle was made using resin, coloured beads and paddle-pop sticks and timber which makes for a fun, colourful and unique looking handle.
Like all our 5 Star Pro’s, the levelling plate keeps your tamping level by sitting on the top of the filter basket as you press down on ground coffee. The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by a pre-calibrated spring inside the tamper itself.
You can also choose either a flat or infusion base. Our infusion base has circular indentations on its surface, increasing the surface area of the coffee, causing a 'pre-brewing' effect during the coffee extraction process. This causes a change to the flavour profile and acidity of the coffee, compared with the flat base. Generally, the flavour created by this base is sweeter when we’ve compared it with our flat base tampers, however the exact impact depends on the type of coffee you use. This base works well if your roasted coffee beans are really fresh.
This 5 Star Pro comes fully assembled, and features:
- A resin handle design – suitable for all hand sizes
- A flat OR infusion compression base (Note: infusion only available with 7.5mm thick)
- A star-shaped levelling plate
- A calibrated spring (15kg standard spring)
- A levelling plate spring (to ensure the plate returns to its starting position)
Each tamper also comes with:
- A cleaning bag
- An additional 10kg spring (coloured red) and 7kg spring (coloured blue)
- A coffee dosing cup (holds 22g of coffee)
FAQ, shipping and returns
- Free shipping Australia only. Shipping costs are calculated at the checkout step.
- Please ensure you measure your basket. Customers bear responsibility for correct choice of base size and thickness.
- Our base size of 58mm is a 58.5mm because most baskets are machined to fit this size. In other words, a base size of 58.5mm will fit most 58mm baskets, if not all.
- If you are using a single filter basket or use a filter basket <51mm in diameter, we recommend purchase of a 5mm thick base. Otherwise 7.5mm is the default thickness.
- We can machine custom base diameter sizes to suit. If you can't see your required size in the drop-down list to choose from, please select the closest size from this list and then record your preferred size in the notes section upon checkout of the store.
- For more information about how this tamper works, visit our 5 Star Pro FAQ page.