This kit is perfect for aspiring home coffee makers. It includes our best-selling hand tamper – the ‘classic handle’ 5 Star Pro with a flat base, and like all our 5 Star Pro’s, the levelling plate keeps your tamping level by sitting on the top of the filter basket as you press down on ground coffee. The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by a pre-calibrated spring inside the tamper itself.
The kit also includes an Eazy Clean Cup, to keep your portafilter steady and in place while tamping.
Imagine feeling like a world champion barista when you taste the extraction – you’ll feel a new level of control when you see that delicious crema time and again.
This kit comes with a flat base, classic handle 5 Star Pro, fully assembled, and features:
- The classic handle design – suitable for all hand sizes
- A flat compression base (default size is 7.5mm thick)
- A star-shaped levelling plate
- A calibrated spring (15kg standard spring)
- A levelling plate spring (to ensure the plate returns to its starting position)
Each tamper also comes with:
- A cleaning bag
- An additional 10kg spring (coloured red) and 7kg spring (coloured blue)
- A coffee dosing cup (holds 22g of coffee)
Plus, a clean cup that features:
- A tamping cup made from high grade acetal plastic – The 58mm/54mm tamping cup is designed to fit standard E61 portafilters.
Regarding the Eazy Clean Cup:
- The 58mm/54mm tamping cup is designed to fit standard E61 portafilters.
- Please identify your coffee machine brand in the notes section of the checkout to ensure your portafilter will fit the tamping cup. Customers bear responsibility for ensuring the cup fits the individual coffee machine
- Photo of the portafilter shown for display purposes only
FAQ, shipping and returns
- Shipping costs are calculated at the checkout step.
- Please ensure you measure your basket. Customers bear responsibility for correct choice of base size and thickness.
- Our base size of 58mm is a 58.5mm because most baskets are machined to fit this size. In other words, a base size of 58.5mm will fit most 58mm baskets, if not all.
- If you are using a single filter basket, we recommend purchase of a 5mm thick base.
- If you’re using VST, IMS or other competition filter baskets and require deeper compression inside this type of baskets, i.e. more than 16.5mm, you need to select a thicker base – 7.5mm is the default thickness. If you’re not sure what base size you should order, please check the measurement page.
- For more information about how this tamper works, visit our 5 Star Pro FAQ page