The Double-Spring Leveler coffee tamper (Eazytamp 5 Star Pro) is an exciting new development in intelligent espresso-making tool technology. Using our patented design, this new coffee tamper resolves two key issues in one user-friendly tamper:
- the need to exert consistent pressure when tamping; and
- the need for a fail-safe leveling system to eliminate uneven tamping and the problems this creates during the coffee extraction process.
This tamper is ideal for anyone who uses or owns a coffee machine, including professional competitive baristas, baristas employed in café/restaurants, or home baristas because it makes coffee making simple. There are no other tools needed to make this coffee tamper work – it does everything for you.
The animation below demonstrates how the Double-Spring Leveling coffee tamper works inside of a coffee filter basket.
Our Double-Spring Leveling coffee tamper contains the following materials:
- Two stainless steel flanges (bases)
- Two springs
- High quality stainless steel and brass parts
- Proudly Australian made
This handle will fit all Eazytamps. It is suited to all hand sizes. It has been designed with the arc of the thumb in mind to provide multiple ways to grip.
Eazytamp 5 Star Pro Animation
- Free Shipping Australia Only
- If you’re not sure what compression flange size you should buy click here [opens in a new window]. As the 5 Star Pro moves straight up and down inside of the filter basket, a flange size of 58.4mm will fit most 58mm baskets. Notwithstanding this be advised that customers bear responsibility for correct choice of flange size.
All double - spring leveling coffee tampers come with a 7.5mm thick compression flange as a default if no option is selected. If you are using VST, IMS or other competition filter baskets and require deeper compression inside of such filter baskets (>16.5mm), you must directly request a thicker flange by recording your desired tamping depth in the ‘Special instructions for the seller’ section when you checkout; or contacting us before placing your order.
Be advised that customers bear responsibility for correct choice of flange thickness.